2023 Meisner Classes
The Meisner Technique gets you out of your head and into the moment.
At Actors Bridge, we take students through a step-by-step approach to the Meisner Technique giving them a strong foundation in being emotionally available, truthfully responsive actors.
Whether you are a seasoned theater artist, new to the stage, or hoping to gain confidence in your work and public speaking, Meisner training will help you level up the authenticity you bring to every room.
This acting class uses monologue work to introduce Meisner’s concept of emotional preparation. using the SPOON RIVER ANTHOLOGY by Edgar Lee Masters, students will:
- Apply all the skills built in Levels 1 and 2 to monologue work.
- Gain practical experience with Meisner’s concept of Emotional Preparation.
- Learn to analyze text and make the language your own.
- Memorize 2 monologues using the Meisner method.
In this acting class, we return to improvisation with the domestic exercise where students will:
- Gain experience with Meisner’s Coming Home exercises.
- Explore the nuances in building authentic relationships.
- Discover how to raise the emotional stakes and embody them in character.
- Deepen character work through point of view.
- Harness personal powers of instinct under imaginary circumstances.
- Rehearse at least one-hour outside of class with a partner in between each session.
We send emails you’ll actually enjoy reading!
Be the first to know about shows, auditions, and exciting news at Actors Bridge by adding your email address below.