The Nashville premiere of THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE by Andrew Bovell
Director: Paul Gatrell
Synopsis: Bob and Fran have worked hard to give their four children the opportunities they never had. Now, with the kids ready to make lives of their own, it’s time to sit back and smell the roses. But the change of the seasons reveals some shattering truths, leaving us asking whether it’s possible to love too much. Things I Know to be True is Andrew Bovell’s complex and intense portrait of the mechanics of a family – and a marriage – through the eyes of four siblings struggling to define themselves beyond their parents’ love and expectations.
Venue: Auditions, rehearsals and performances will be held at Actors Bridge Studio (4610 Charlotte Ave; entrance on 47th).
Payment: All actors will receive an $800 stipend for the production.
Casting: 4 actors
Rehearsal Dates: June 26 – July 21 (Potential zoom meetings for the longer monologues
during the week of June 19 – 24) Tech/Dress Dates: July 22 – 27, 6-10 p.m.
Performances: Friday – Sunday, July 28-30; Thursday – Sunday, Aug 3-6.
All performances are at 7:00 p.m. except Sundays which are at 5 p.m.
*Please check your calendar to ensure you are available for all rehearsals and performances before auditioning. To be considered for a role, all actors must be available for all scheduled rehearsal and performance dates.
THE PRICE FAMILY – more detailed descriptions are available in the monologue link below.
PIP, early 30s
MARK, early 30s
We are not auditioning the roles of BOB and FRAN (the parents) at this time.
First Round Auditions: Self-taped video submissions due Friday, Feb 3, 2023
- Actors can audition for up to two roles. Please submit self-taped videos of the roles you’re auditioning for using the monologues found at this link.
- Choose roles based on character descriptions that accompany monologues below.
- Shoot waist/chest up on a neutral background with clear audio/video.
- Please slate your name, pronouns (if you wish to share).
- Please email a link to your audition (unlisted YouTube) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You do not need to memorize the monologues but know them well enough
that you can connect with the camera.
- You can submit one combined file or separate videos for each character.
- Deadline is Feb 3rd.
- You will be notified by Wednesday, Feb 15th if you are invited to callbacks.
Second Round Auditions: In-person Callbacks on Saturday, Mar 4, 2023
- Callbacks will be held at The Actors Bridge Studio on Saturday, Mar 4th from noon-4 p.m.
- You will be emailed sides to review for the callbacks.
- Hardcopies will be available at the callbacks so you do not need to print.
- We will go through several rounds of cold reads during the four hours of callbacks.
- Please wear something that allows for you to move freely. Movement will be an important component of this play.
- Plan to be present for the entire four hours.
Third Round Auditions: Final Callbacks, Sunday, March 5th from 1-3 p.m.
- Finalists will be invited to callbacks with the actors who will play the parents..
- There will be additional sides to review and perform for this final round of callbacks.
- Casting will be announced by March 15th.
Actors Bridge is committed to producing theater that reflects the reality of our vibrant and diverse community; casting is open to all without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age or veteran status.
Read our policies for rehearsal and performance here.
Questions: email Vali Forrister at email@example.com