The Actors Bridge 2019 Summer Acting Lab will be a Monologue Intensive. By the end of the week, students will have 2 contrasting monologues (classical and contemporary) polished and audition ready! Students will be prepared to enter any professional or school audition with confidence.
10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Voice and Movement
In this session, students will learn to open their voice for greater resonance and projection while also learning how to relax tension in the body and build greater presence and comfort on stage. Students will leave with a voice and movement warm-up routine to prepare for any audition or performance opportunity.
11:30 a.m. Break (bring your own lunch)
Noon to 2 p.m. Monologue Work
Prior to the start of the Summer Acting Lab, students will select and memorize two contrasting monologues (classical and contemporary) which are age appropriate (meaning they could be cast in the role today). Over the course of the week, students will engage in text analysis and acting exercises to fully inhabit their character in an authentic way.
On Friday, July 12 at 2 p.m., students will present the final performance of their monologues under audition circumstances for an invited audience of Nashville area directors. Family and friends are invited to attend as well.
- Select two contrasting monologues no longer than two minutes each (total of 4 minutes).
- Choose age-appropriate monologues (something you could be cast in today).
- Choose monologues from a play or sonnet (no film scripts, please).
- Memorize both monologues by July 8th.
- Come dressed to move (no jean or short shorts).
- Bring hard soled shoes.
- Female-identifying students should bring a rehearsal skirt (a full skirt that is mid-calf or longer) like this one.
- Bring two hard copies of your monologue.
- If you choose a monologue or soliloquy from a play, please read the whole play before July 8th.
Actors Bridge Ensemble has been training actors for 25 years in Nashville. To read more about our history, go here.
Questions? Email our Artistic Director at email@example.com